GOOD MORNING!! I am bounding with energy because I just had a power breakfast that energized me almost instantly! And guess how long it took me to make it? 0 minutes! Wait 0 minutes? Well that’s partly true. It was overnight oats so all I had to do was pop open my mason jar and dig in!
This recipe is the perfect way to start your day because it’s just the right combination of fruitiness and hearty goodness. If you close your eyes it will make you feel like you are at the beach on a summer morning. And I know that’s just what we all need on these chilly fall days.
No need to worry about feeling guilty after this tasty breakfast because this recipe is gluten and dairy free. WIN. It’s actually a double win because you make this recipe the night before, so if you are in a hurry in the morning, just grab your jar out of the fridge and you are ready to go!
This one is going to make you excited to wake up and eat breakfast. You’ll be jumping out of your bed even before your alarm goes off!
Without further ado here is my Macho Mango Overnight Oats:
- Two mason jars
- One mango
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- splash of almond milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons chia seed
- 1/2 cup almond milk
1. Blend all the ingredients for the mango puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
2. Mash ripe banana in a bowl and mix in oats, flaxseed, chia seed and almond milk until combined.
3. Begin layering your jar with a little bit of mango puree on the bottom, oats in the middle and mango on the top.
4. Screw the lids onto your jars and refrigerate overnight! Pop the lids in the morning and rejoice over your healthy, delicious meal. 🙂
Hope y’all like it! I’ll be coming at you tomorrow with a pumpkin one!!