Cheerio mates! England is just cheery; we had SUCH A FUN DAY! We spent the day in Cambridge and drank tea. I can tell living here this month is going to be just blissful. 🙂
The last blog I blogged to y’all was the Christmas Quiche. This next recipe complements the quiche just right and is a perfect pair for your savory breakfast. These muffins are made with whole wheat flour and contain no butter so they are even on the same healthy path as the quiche.
I guarantee if you make these two recipes for your family for Christmas morning, they will be begging for more. I love this recipe because it’s not a traditional banana nut muffin recipe, stuffed with sugar.
The apples do enough sweetening that you can keep the sugar in it’s container. Without further ado here is the recipe for Oatmeal Banapple Muffins.
- 1½ cups large rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup grated apple (about one large apple)
- Mix together the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt,cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat together the eggs. oil and sugar until fluffy.
- Blend in the milk.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and when the flour is almost incorporated fold in the mashed banana and grated apple. Do not over mix.
- Fold in only until the fruit is mixed through the batter.
- Spoon into paper lined muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 -25 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Enjoy!