Howdy friends! Today was such an exciting day in the cafeteria because we were celebrating PIE DAY!! Even though it’s tomorrow. So what did I make? Spiced Apple Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. What?! Yep. I forgot it was pie day and I was inspired by this recipe so I made this instead. And it was so good I had to share it with you!
Spiced Apple Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 16.25 oz. box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups diced apples
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups confectionery sugar
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- Combine cake mix, egg and butter with an electric mixer. Pat into a lightly greased 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
- Peel apples. Dice and put in a small bowl with brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Mix together. Spread out over the cake mixture in the pan.
3. Next, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, add eggs and vanilla. Add confectionery sugar.. Mix well. Pour onto cake mixture and spread evenly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. It should remain a little gooey in the center. Cool completely and cut into squares and enjoy this soft, flavorful apple cake.