Do you like kale?? Me neither! But there are so many wonderful vitamins and nutrients in it that you can’t pass this vegetable up. I know eating veggies is not the greatest thing in the world, but that’s why I’m giving you this recipe so you can still dine deliciously while taking care of your body! I’ve been making these here in New Zealand multiple times a week because they are so easy and inexpensive! One bushel of kale costs me $2 at the Sunday market and lasts me for 2 weeks!
Kale chips are crunchy, salty and are gone before you even know you had kale. I give all the credit to my mom on this one because she taught me how to make these lean green machines. Oh and another plus with this recipe is that the kale shrivels up and gets a lot smaller, so you can eat a ton of kale and feel like you’ve only had a little bit!
Try some with your burgers the next time you cook out!
- A bunch of kale ripped up into chip sized pieces (remember they get smaller)
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Ziploc bag
- Cookie Sheet
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Put all your kale pieces in the ziploc bag.
- Pour a little olive oil in the bag (just enough to coat all the kale)
- Dump a little garlic salt in there (you can always add more later if you like more salt)
- Seal the bag and give it a good shake until the oil and salt are evenly on the kale.
- Dump the kale out on the cookie sheet and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. The kale should be dark brown around the edges with just a little bit on green in the middle. When you try one you will know if they have cooked long enough.
- WARNING: keep an eye out on your kale because the chips aren’t good if they’re burnt.
- EAT! WARNING 2: Kale chips do not keep overnight so eat them all up or toss em!
Take a step towards a healthier lifestyle today by making a commitment to eating more vegetables! Hope this recipe inspires you!
Nicole #dostuff #behealthy