Now that I have my own kitchen I’ve been trying to be a little more creative with my food, especially when I realized practically all I eat is chicken and veggies for every meal. Today I made Tater Tots out of cauliflower and they were SO GOOD!
This recipe is super simple, super cheap, super healthy and as they say in New Zealand, super YUM! This is a win win situation mates.
These little nuggets are such a great substitute for the real tater haters which are loaded with saturated fat and sodium. (And they don’t really taste that much different!)
I hope this helps you make being healthy fun. 🙂 Feel free to share it with a friend!
Cauliflower Tater Tots
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ minced cilantro or parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Steam cauliflower in hot water for 3-5 minutes or until nice and soft, drain and chop with a knife or blend in the food processor ( just a few seconds.)
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper just how you like it.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small oval shaped tots.
- Place on the cookie sheet ½ inch apart and bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
Nicole Renard #dostuff #behealthy
Recipe inspired by gimmedelicious.com