Well the Miss America of football is just around the corner. Yup, I’m talking about the Super Bowl. Did you know that the estimated Super Bowl related consumer spending a year is $12.37 BILLION?! and the Super Bowl Party spending of a party host is about $118?!
I think its brilliant for something like this to bring so many people together to hang out and celebrate, but good gravy! I find it just crazy to think we spend so much money to watch a 3-4 hour sport.
That’s why I’m going to help you this year and give you some snack ideas that won’t break the bank. This one goes out to all my fellow friends in college who feel guilty about showing up to a party with nothing to bring because you don’t have a ton of money to spend.
Stop stressing. I got you. You can make all of these snacks in the microwave! WHAT?! Win. And they’re Gluten Free. TOUCHDOWN. (Now all you in the dorms can get your cooking on)
If you’re hosting a Super Bowl Party this year, PLEASE don’t spend $118. These recipes I’m about to give you are SO affordable and SO easy. All 3 will probably take you about 30 minutes total to make.
If you’re just going to a party, people are going to think you are Paula Dean or something if you roll up with these scrumptious dishes. Then you can just flick your hair and tell them that you made everything on your magnificent platter in your microwave. 🙂
Of course these recipes are made using my signature ingredient *cough Ghirardelli Chocolate cough* because you all know, I’m the Ghirardelli Girl.
To spice up life a little bit I thought I would also try something a little more on the savory side (I know crazy) so you can have a little diversity with your snacks.
My 3 Super Bowl Snacks are… *drumroll please*:
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Covered Bacon Bites
- Ghirardelli Muddy Buddies
- Chicken and Waffle Sliders
Ghirardelli Chocolate Covered Bacon Bites (Gluten Free)
- Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- Cook your bacon in the microwave until it’s nice and crispy. Let co
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate wafers in a microwave safe bowl, stirring in 30 second intervals to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Break bacon into small bite sized pieces.
- Dip the bacon into the chocolate until it is fully covered half way up the strip.
- Lay on wax paper to firm up.
Ghirardelli Muddy Buddies (Gluten Free)
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In microwave safe bowl combine, chocolate, peanut butter and butter and melt for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 more seconds or until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Transfer into a giant ziplock bag and add powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake it until the powdered sugar has covered the cereal.
- Spread on wax paper to cool.
Chicken and Waffles Sliders (This one is NOT Gluten Free!)
- Eggo Waffles Minis
- Maple Syrup
- Chicken Nuggets or fingers
- Toast the Eggos and microwave the Chicken tenders as instructed on the box.
- Separate eggos and put a piece of chicken in between 2.
- Stick a toothpick into the center to hold them together and drizzle with Maple Syrup.
Have fun making these snacks! Don’t forget to check out the video & subscribe to my channel! Share this post with anyone that might be in a pinch for a party!
You can also follow me on these social medias for more fun:
The Ghirardelli Girl AKA Nicole #dostuff #bakestuff #Ghirardelli Girl