Today I took 3 of the best things and made something magical.
- Red Velvet
- Ghirardelli Chocolate
I know you’re looking for something to indulge in for Valentine’s Day so I’ve come to save the day.
Ladies & Gentlemen, may I present to you Ghirardelli Red Velvet Brownies.
A moist, red velvet brownie sits beneath an OREO truffle layer, topped with rich, decadent Ghirardelli Chocolate Ganache and Ghirardelli Mini Chocolate Chips.
I took this beast to my film class after I made it and I have several testimonies proclaiming it’s yumminess. Here’s the video followed by the recipe!!
Happy Baking! Thanks for reading!
Ghirardelli Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 box (18.25 oz) red velvet cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 bag Ghirardelli mini chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together cake mix, ½ cup melted butter, and 2 eggs until fully combined and smooth. Press into the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 17 mins, until just set. Do not overbake.
- Crush whole Oreos in a Ziploc bag or food processor into fine crumbs. Stir together with 1 cup melted butter and mix well. Pour over baked red velvet brownies and gently press down in an even layer.
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a low boil, then pour over chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk together until completely smooth and thick. Pour over Oreo layer. Top with mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins to allow chocolate ganache to set up. Cut into bars and EAT!
Nicole #dostuff #bakestuff