Lately I’ve been obsessed with butternut squash. There are so many ways to cook it, eat it and enjoy it!! I love Butternut Squash Soup, Roasted Butternut Squash, and Butternut Squash Milkshakes. What? Milkshakes? Yup. Let me explain.
Ice cream is my favorite food, but if I ate it everyday I would look like a butternut squash. So I try to find things that are healthy for me, but as close as ice cream as I can get. 😉 This really isn’t a milkshake but it practically tastes like one and it makes me feel better so it’s a win win because it’s good for me too.
You’re going to be blown away at how simple this recipe is and let me know if you like it because if it rocks your world like it did mine then we can both celebrate together with our “milkshakes”.
Butternut Squash Milkshake
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 cup steamed butternut squash (I steam all of mine so it’s soft and then put it in the fridge)
- 2 tsp Macadamia nut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ice cubes (I usually use 6)
- TEENY bit of water or unsweetened almond milk
- Throw in half a frozen banana if you’d like a little sweetness
- Put all ingredients into a blender (I recommend the ice at the top so it mixes well)
- Blend until smooth. ENJOY!!!
** For a thicker shake, try to use less water. For a thinner shake use more water. I personally like my milkshakes so thick I need a spoon to eat it, but you do you!!
Nicole xx #DoStuff