One of my favorite parts about growing up as a kid was my dad making us pancakes in the morning. It was so fun to watch him make different shapes and even more fun when he taught me how to flip them.
Since Father’s Day is coming up I thought a healthified pancake recipe would be fitting. This recipe is the perfect thing to make for you and your pops. It’s gluten and dairy free and loaded with all the nutrients!
I put two generous tablespoons of Abby’s Better Pecan Date Butter which gives it the most amazing, rich, mapley goodness taste. This Pecan Date Butter is so stinking good!!! Honestly I’m thinking about drizzling it on everything I eat from here on out. Check her out here!
I was surprised this recipe actually makes quite a lot, (this photo is the entire recipe) but I was able to eat it all so if you’re making it for two, maybe just double up on the ingredients.
Let me know if you like the recipe and don’t forget to join the #DoStuff team!
Sweet Potato Pecan Pancakes
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 egg white (beaten stiff… pro tip: this makes the pancakes fluffy!)
- 2 Tbs Abby’s Better Date Pecan Butter (Or any kind of nut butter)
- 2-3 tbs steamed Sweet Potato (mashed) (or you can use a mashed banana)
- 1/4 cup GF oats
- 1/2 Tbs Maple Syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Beat eggs in a bowl first (this makes pancakes fluffy) Stir in other ingredients until well mixed.
- Heat skillet on a stovetop with coconut oil or other oil to grease the pan
- Cook Pancakes flipping until each side is cooked
- Stack em up and drizzle more nut butter on them and top with pecans fruit or granola!
- Take a picture of your amazing masterpiece and post it to Instagram (don’t forget to tag me;)
Enjoy! Now go out and conquer your week!!
xx Nicole #DoStuff