I can’t believe it’s already July, I feel like 2019 just started!! It’s getting so hot here in LA and I’ve found myself making all the freshest, most summery dishes I can get my hands on.
I’ve been thinking a lot about my favorite ethnicity of food recently and I think I’ve figured it out: Tropical. Is that a thing?! I love islander food; fish, fresh veggies, acai bowls, smoothies and fried rice.
Banza just came out with a new product that’s rice made out of chickpeas!! Their main product line is GF pasta made out of chickpeas and now they’ve come out with rice that is also GF and packed with protein.
I decided to try to make pineapple fried rice with it and it was SO YUMMY so I wanted to share the recipe! (Using the pineapple as the bowl isn’t necessary but makes it way more fun 😉
Hope you enjoy!
Chickpea Pineapple Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked and chilled Banza chick pea rice (regular rice can be used)
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Prepare rice according to package instructions and then transfer to a container and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add egg, and cook until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Remove egg, and transfer to a separate plate.
- Add an additional 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and heat until melted. Add carrots, peas and garlic, and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Increase heat to high, add in the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, and stir until melted. Immediately add the rice, soy sauce and oyster sauce (if using), and stir until combined. Continue stirring for an additional 3 minutes to fry the rice. Then add in the eggs and stir to combine. Remove from heat, and stir in the sesame oil until combined.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
xx Nicole #DoStuff