Hi my sweet friends. 🙂
I can’t believe it’s already OCTOBER of 2019!!!!! WHAT?! Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, which is really convenient because yellow and orange are my favorite colors. 🙂 and I need any excuse to bake more and eat all the pumpkin flavored things.
This week I made the yummiest, healthy pumpkin cupcakes and omg you guys are going to die. These are so soft and (I won’t say the word that everyone hates) not dry at all 😉 I finished them with a generous swirl of cream cheese frosting and then practiced every bit of self control I have within me to not eat the entire batch myself.
Are you ready for the recipe yet? Drooling already? Okay, I’ll be quiet. Here you go!!
Healthy Pumpkin Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour (or Gluten Free if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs Stevia
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with 10-11 liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, olive oil and stevia.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient and mix until just combined… Don’t over mix!!
- Evenly distribute batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Take cupcakes out of tin to cool and allow to cool completely before frosting or else the frosting will melt!
- While the cupcakes are cooling off, using the whisk attachment on your mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until combined. Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla and whipped until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Put frosting in a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe frosting onto each cupcake
- EAT AND ENJOY!!
Let me know if you like this recipe! I love seeing your creations when you tag me on Instagram so if you make this recipe, be sure to tag me!
See you next time!
xx Nicole #DoStuff