Hey you!! I hope you’re having a great Friday!! I’m on my way to Kentucky right now for a little fun adventure (check it out on my instagram), but it’s Feel Good Friday so I couldn’t forget to give you a recipe that’s going to leave you feeling good.
Today’s post is extra special because it involves someone extra special. This is Gianna.
This little firecracker just joined my sorority, Gamma Phi Beta, and we had the BEST little bake sesh this week. The cookies we made were bomb, but she is even more incredible and I loved spending time with her as we made some delicious (and healthy) cookies. She’s also a YouTube STAR so check out her channel HERE.
Onto the cookies. We made what I like to call Monkey in the Middle Cookies. It’s like a banana, chocolate peanut butter cookie and SO YUMMY.
I’ve been on this kick recently to find healthier ways to make desserts because in my Nutrition class, I’m learning so much about components of food and how our body processes them, so I’m determined to find recipes that are good for your body, and just as delicious. These ones surely fit that bill.
Lucky for me the only ingredients I had to get was a banana and 2 dates. Literally! I had all the other things in my pantry!! Now depending on what you eat, you may not have some of these things but after you taste how yummy these cookies are, trust me, you will want to keep your pantry stocked with these great ingredients.
These cookies are loaded with fiber, good fats, PROTEIN (yay) and just the right amount of carbs. I don’t know about you, but I haven’t found a cookie that contains all 3 of the macronutrients PLUS fiber. It’s amazing. These are perfect for breakfast or a snack!
Okay I’ll stop blabbing so you can have the recipe. Thanks for reading today! If you make these cookies, I want to see!! If you like this recipe, share it with a friend!
I hope you have an amazing weekend! Any fun plans?! Comment below!!
Monkey in the Middle Cookies
- 1 flax egg (1 TBS flaxseed meal + 3 TBS water)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 medium banana, mashed (+ slices for topping, optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa (dry)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli of course)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flaxseed meal and water, and set aside.
- Beat together peanut butter, syrup, banana and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flax egg and mix to combine.
- Pour in oats, quinoa flakes, baking powder, spices and salt to the bowl and stir together. Fold in chocolate chips, pecans, dates and chia seeds.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto a baking sheet and repeat until no dough remains.
- Bake cookies for 15 – 18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Nicole xx #DoStuff #BakeStuff