Hope you’re having a great day. I’m so excited about today’s post because it’s about cookies and free things!! What could be better?!
As I’m sure you all know by now, I am the nut butter queen. People call me nut butter Nicole (actually no one has done that yet but I’d like that to become a thing so can someone please call me that?)
I think I have 7 jars of different nut butters in my cabinet right now. One of my favorite brands is Wild Friends because of their clean ingredients and outrageous flavors.
They sent me a box of some of their seasonal nut butters and HOLY MOLY they are delicious. If sugar cookie and gingerbread flavored peanut butter doesn’t scream Christmas then I don’t know what does.
If you want to win some seasonal nut butters from Wild Friends I’m hosting a giveaway on my Instagram right now so head over there and enter to win!!
I got to experimenting immediately with the sugar cookie peanut butter and came up with one of the most yummy, healthy cookie recipes for you!
These cookies are only 113 calories 5g fat and 15 carbs!! They are also gluten free, dairy free and vegan. HELLO. Yep. Looking out for you.
Without further ado here is the recipe for:
Sugar Cookie Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies
- 1 Flax egg (1 Tbs ground flax + 3 Tbs water)
- ½ cup Wild Friends Sugar Cookie Peanut Butter
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli of course)
- ¼ cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together peanut butter, banana, maple syrup and vanilla. Stir in flax egg.
- Mix in oats, quinoa, chia seeds and spices. Fold in chocolate chips, dates and pecans if you choose.
- Scoop into balls onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 12 minutes.
- When cookies have cooled top them with a blob of more sugar cookie peanut butter. Enjoy!
Let me know how you like this recipe and comment on my last instagram post with more ideas of recipes you’d like to see more of. Don’t forget to enter my giveaway and subscribe to this blog on the homepage so you can get yummy recipes like this weekly!!
Love you so much and am so thankful to do life with you!
Nicole xx #DoStuff