It’s the Holiday Season! Finally!! Christmas is my favorite time of the year because Jesus came to save the world. And because there are so many yummy treats to spread around. I made this recipe for all the students at Chapman today and it was a smashing hit. Instead of making gingerbread cookies I made them into cupcakes and topped them with some scrumptious cinnamon cream cheese frosting. YUM.
I’m also in the process of trying to build a giant Chapman University out of Gingerbread. I’ll get back to you on that one. Until then, try out this super easy, recipe to jump into the Christmas season!
Gingerbread Man Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (If you are going to pipe it, double the recipe)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg and whisk to combine. In another, larger bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla, and molasses and mix until smooth. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients. Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full. Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on wire racks.
- For the frosting, cream together powdered sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add cinnamon and vanilla. Spread frosting on completely cooled cupcakes and allow frosting to set up for one hour. Sprinkle with cinnamon and granulated sugar, or powdered sugar if desired.
- EAT and enjoy!