I can see you sitting sadly at your kitchen table with a glass of milk and snickerdoodle thats hard enough to kill your grandma Betty if you chucked it at her. I know how you feel. I’ve been there too.
There’s nothing worse than a crunchy snickerdoodle and no matter what, they always seem to go hard on you!
This is where I come into the scene wearing a cape (or apron) to save the day. Instead of making individual little cookies that end up turning into hockey pucks, instead turn them into bars so they stay nice and soft all the time. 🙂
Ladies and gentlemen introducing…..*drumroll* Snickerdoodle Blondies!!
I even have a fun little video to go with it to entertain you while you bake up some sweetness.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 2 Tbs white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream brown sugar, and butter. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar/butter mixture until fully incorporated.
- Spread dough into a 9×13 pan.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle on top of the dough until the top is completely covered.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into bars or use cookie cutters to make shapes and enjoy!!
Nicole #DoStuff #BakeStuff