Hi hi hi!!! I just got off of my first Disney Alaska Cruise ever and can I say WOW?! I thought living 15 minutes from Disneyland was pretty amazing, but try living on a Disney ship for 7 days!!!
The movies, service, food and of course the slide were all so impeccable and made my first trip to Alaska unforgettable. One of the things I loved most about this trip was every night for dinner you rotated restaurants so you were able to experience each dining hall without missing out. Your wait staff followed you each night so you still had the chance to build a relationship with them. (This is Vesko, he was THE BEST)
Every night the food was so different and delicious and followed a certain theme. I want to take you through our dinners each night so you can live vicariously through my pictures!
Night 1: The first night we had dinner at Tiana’s Place. This restaurant looked like New Orleans and was completely Princess and the Frog themed, even down to the little frogs on the tableware! We had a special visit from Tiana and Louis during dinner. Here’s what I ordered:
- Appetizer: Hot Crab Dip
- Salad: Lobster and Greens with Lemon vinaigrette
- Entrée: Turkey, gravy, mashed sweet potatoes, cornbread stuffing and green beans
- Dessert: Chocolate fudge layered cake
Night 2: The second night we had dinner at Triton’s and I was a dummy and forgot to take pictures of my appetizer and salad! I was so hungry! It was good though 😉 My dad ordered some crab pasta and my mom got salmon with mashed cauliflower and sautéed spinach. I ordered Filet Mignon with green beans and mashed potatoes. YUM. The dessert was a chocolate mousse on top of a brownie with strawberry whip cream!
Night 3: Night three we ate at Animator’s Palate. You guys, this is seriously the coolest restaurant ever. You walk into walls covered in sketches of your favorite Disney characters and the pillars are paintbrushes stuffed in upside down paint palates. The screens on the walls sketch out different characters in real time so you can see characters created from start to finish. As the dinner progresses, the characters on the screen begin to animate and then they paint them with colors. Near the end of the meal there is a show where the lights turn out and all the screens play a tribute to all the classic Disney movies. Maybe I’m just super emotional but I cried during this because I felt like 75% of my childhood was all wrapped up in 5 minutes and when Mickey Mouse busted out of the kitchen I just lost it. It was amazing. BUT THE FOOD. Here’s what we ate:
- Appetizer: Butternut Squash Soup (WOW yum, the best)
- Salad: Arugula, beets, oranges, white beans and strawberry vinaigrette
- Entrée: Lemon Roasted Chicken (I think they gave me the whole chicken) with roasted root vegetables
- Dessert: Sticky fig cake with vanilla ice cream and butterscotch sauce and
- my mom got a cookies and cream sundae!
Night 4: We started the rotation over again so we were at Tiana’s Place again! Tonight’s theme was FROZEN! So cute, the menus and the wait staff were all dressed up for the occasion and all the things on the menu were frozen inspired!
- Appetizer: Gravlax, with apple chips, cream dip and berries
- Salad: Arugula, dried apricots, candied walnuts, crutons and strawberry dressing
- Entrée: Roasted chicken with new potatoes and roasted carrots
- Dessert: Cookie crust, chocolate ganache, chocolate mouse and raspberry whip cream
Night 5: The second night in Triton’s was Lobstuh night!!
- Appetizer: Aged Prosciutto, sundried tomatoes, herbs and parmesan cheese
- Salad: Arugula, beets, walnuts, and lemon dressing
- Entrée: Lobster tail, seasonal vegetables
- Dessert: Chocolate Lava Cake dosed in chocolate sauce with vanilla ice cream
Night 6: Back in Animator’s Palace the cast members had a wonderful surprise waiting for us. Before we were given a menu we had to draw our own character on the paper provided to us. At the end of the dinner all of our characters appearned on the screens and put on a show for us! They danced, marched and twirled around with all the other Disney characters. They are so creative!!! But the food…
- Appetizer: Duck, Shrimp and Salmon plate
- Soup: Spaghetti and meatball soup
- Entrée: Salmon, cabbage and mashed potatoes
- Dessert: Espresso Mousse with berries and cream
Night 7: The last night is always a bit of a downer, but it was impossible to be sad in Tiana’s Place because we had a Mardi Gras Party! We were all given beads and at between dinner and dessert we all got up for a dance party! This night was hands down my favorite night because if you know anything about me you know I have a soft spot in my heart for some good southern food.
- Appetizer: Shrimp and Grits with BBQ sauce (I could have eaten an entire bowl of this for my whole entrée)
- Salad: Wedge Salad with Bacon, Tomatoes and Thousand Island Dressing
- Entrée: Lobster Salad with avocado, jimica, butternut squash and roasted hazlenuts
- Desserts: Bananas Foster Ice Cream Sundae! HOLY MOLY and Beignets with espresso chocolate dipping sauce
I think I’m still in a food coma from all of the amazing eats I had on this trip but I’m so glad I took pictures of it all so I can relive it any time I want. If you’re considering going on a Disney cruise do it! If nothing else, do it for the food, but I’m sure if you decide to go you’ll be enchanted and entertained by the staff, shows and amazing things you’ll see as you cruise the seas.
See ya later!