Cooking for one is really challenging and let’s be honest… after a long day, the last thing I want to do is dirty up a bunch of dishes just to make a meal for myself. That’s why I’ve been experimenting a lot with skillet dishes because I only have to get one pan dirty and I usually have left overs for 2 or 3 more meals.
So far, my favorite one I’ve made is Breakfast Chilaquiles; it’s been on repeat ALL WEEK. You basically just keep adding yumminess to a skillet and 30 minutes later you have a masterpiece.
For this recipe I used Al Chipino’s Gluten Free Tortilla Chips which are non-GMO AND vegan friendly. They’re also free of trans-fats, cholesterol, hydrogenated oils, MSG, dairy, nuts and artificial flavors. AMAZING RIGHT?!
They have 6 incredible flavors but my favorite is Sea Salt and Black Pepper and it’s perfect for the chilaquiles.
Let me know if you try this recipe out by taking a picture and posting it on Instagram! Don’t forget to tag me @Nicole_TheNomad and use the #DoStuff so I can see it!
- 3/4 cup diced white onions
- 4 ounces chorizo sausage
- 2 cups salsa verde
- 4 cups Al Chipino GF Tortilla Chips
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 sliced and diced avocados
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large oven safe skillet, sauté onions with chorizo over medium heat. Cook until chorizo starts to brown and is almost cooked through.
- Add salsa verde to skillet. Bring temperature up to medium high and bring mixture to a slow boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Add handfuls of tortilla chips to the skillet. Toss with a spatula to completely cover the chips in the sauce. Don’t worry if some of the chips break.
- Remove skillet from heat. With a large spoon, make a well in the sauce and chips. Then crack 1 egg into it. Repeat with the remaining 3 eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until the whites are set and the yolks just start to set, about 12 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with cheese, cilantro, and avocado.
- Eat and enjoy!! (Recipe should make enough for 4 so you will have left overs for the week!)
Thanks for reading today! If you haven’t already, subscribe to my YouTube channel because I’ll have new videos coming out every Friday! Also find me on Instagram for more travel inspo and yummy creations. 🙂
xx Nicole #DoStuff