I still think its wild it’s 2020. Looking back on this decade there’s been a lot of victories, hiccups, my world being shaken and turned COMPLETELY upside down and moments that still have me saying, “wow God.”
These last 10 years of my life have been some of the most challenging years I’ve ever experienced, but I’m thankful for each moment because it’s shaped me into the Nicole I am today. When I thought specifically about the hard things I went through, I thought it would be interesting to share with you what I learned and took away over the last 10 years.
1. Your worth and value as a person is not defined by your number of followers, how many likes you get, the number on the scale or what your body looks like. You have value and purpose regardless of what you do or don’t do in life because you’re HUMAN and God loves you.
2. Worrying is a form of not trusting God because whether we succeed or fail, it doesn’t change or determine our value as a human being so worrying about the future is a way of not trusting and believing that God actually has a plan for our lives and that they’re GOOD.
3. Just because something incredible happened to you doesn’t mean you’ve peaked. If you’re still breathing you still have purpose on this earth and there are things for you to do. God’s not done with you.
4. Your value doesn’t change based off of someones inability to see your worth. Don’t put up with anything or anyone that treats you less than because God has more for you sis.
5. You don’t have to pretend to be perfect and act like you have it all together because no one does. Everyone’s faking it and trying to figure it out and slipping up along the way. You make it 10 times worse by trying to hide your weakness and put a mask over your pain. The enemy wants you to silence you by making you think that you’re alone in this and people would think less of you if you opened up, but the fact is, there are more people that can relate to you and would experience immense freedom if you stopped isolating yourself and said something.
6. You’re not crazy. You’re not defective. You’re not alone. Feeling pain is normal. Being sad is normal. Failing is normal. What is not normal is staying there. You have big purpose in this life and you’re too good for that so get up and keep moving forward. Failing does not mean you’re a failure.
7. You’re either feeding your fears or your hopes. They each grow the same.
8. Trying to do it alone doesn’t work. God created 7 billion of us as proof that we NEED each other. It’s okay to not be okay. Isolation is the worst thing you can do for yourself in times of struggle because it makes you believe that you’re alone and have to walk through it by yourself. We aren’t designed to do life alone, so surround yourself with community, people to encourage you, lift you up, celebrate you, and do life with you.
9. Not everyone’s going to like you and that’s okay.
10. If they’re only your friend for what you can do or what you look like then they’re not your friend.
11. When you’re in the middle of the storm and life is at it’s worst, God is still God, He’s still in control and He’s still worthy of being praised. The true marker of faith is whether or not you continue to praise Him when things aren’t going your way.
12. If they’re only your friend when it’s convenient then they’re not your friend
13. God isn’t scared by our questions, doubts, fears or dreams. He has access to it all and is literally holding it all so why not ask for more?
14. There is so much more to life than Instagram
15. Instagram is not real life
I hope this encouraged you friend. Praying that you gain clarity and most importantly, peace this 2020.