Hello Sunshines. 🙂
I know it’s not christmas or even remotely close to the holiday season (249 days until Christmas heyyoo) but there’s not denying that the holidays are an extra happy time of the year and we could all use a little extra happy in our lives right about now.
I made this cookie recipe at the very beginning of quarantine and no joke, I think it’s the best cookie recipe I’ve ever made. I was a little skeptical about putting the marshmallows on top but the cookies were SO incredibly soft and pillowy and the perfect size for one bit so I could NOT stop eating them haha
Originally the recipe was just going to live on Tiktok (you can watch it HERE) but after it kinda blew up and got nearly half a million views, I had many people asking for the recipe so I wanted to post it here!
Break out your Christmas sprinkles and turn up the Holiday jams while you make these delectable treats and don’t forget to take a picture and tag me in it when they’re done so I can see your beautiful creation!
Hot Cocoa Cookies
- 2 Tb butter
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Marshmallows cut in half
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 hot water
- splash of vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine Butter and semi sweet chocolate chips in a sauce pan and stir until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl (or the mixing bowl to a stand mixer) combine brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add in the cooled chocolate mixture and mix well. While that’s mixing on low, slowly add your flour mixture and mix until everything is just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 325
- Use a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop to scoop out dough and roll into a ball then press flat onto a sprayed sheet or pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- While cookies are baking, cut marshmallows in half and place them on top of cookies when they come out.
- Bake for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk melted butter and cocoa powder, hot water and vanilla in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in 2 cups of powdered sugar while stirring and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate ganache on top of the cookies and finish with sprinkles before the frosting sets.