Today is a very special day because I’m teaching you how to make my famous chocolate chip cookies. (psst I’ve never done this before)
There are many chocolate chip cookie recipes out there in the world and everyone claims to have the best one so I’m going to need you to make these STAT and report back that they are indeed the best and then share the recipe so the whole world know the Nomad Nuggets have the best chocolate chip cookies. K thanks.
Not only is this the best cookie recipe but the DOUGH is TO DIE FOR!!!! (I’m not endorsing eating raw dough, but like... if you make cookies without trying the dough… who are you??) But hurry and get them into the oven before you eat all the dough because trust me, you will be tempted.
ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER?!?!!? Keep scrolling, I gotcchu. 🙂
The Renard Family Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- ½ cup of butter softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 cups of flour
- ¾ cups oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (Ghirardelli duh)
**For extra softness add 1 – 3.4 oz box of vanilla pudding to the dry ingredients
- Cream shortening, butter and sugars together in mixer or with a hand mixer.
- In separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs vanilla and lemon juice to butter mixture.
- Gradually add in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips. (You can add a little extra if you want)
- Drop into ¼ cup balls onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes on 350 degrees.
- If you pull them out at 10 min just before they’re done baking they’ll be PERFECT because they’ll continue to cook on the hot pan. Wait until they’re cooled to move to a cooling rack so they don’t fall apart.
- Take a pic and post it on Instagram and tag me so I can see and hype you up.
- EAT AND ENJOY!!