3 weeks until halloween WHAT?!?! The holiday countdown is in full swing and I’m getting in the spirit with these pumpkin cookies this week.
When I tell you these are some of the best cookies I’ve ever eaten, I’m not lying. They are SO soft and pillowy and the brown butter frosting is the perfect topping to these delightful little gems.
Hope you love them!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
Brown Butter Frosting
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Use a scoop or a spoon to drop your dough onto a cookie sheet. Flatten them out a little bit with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
- To make frosting, melt butter in a medium sauce pan and boil for 2 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, reduce heat to medium-low and boil for 2 minutes. Stir in cream, remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Stir in powdered sugar. Frost cooled cookies.
Let me know what your favorite fall recipe is and don’t forget to sign up for the nomad newsletter on the homepage!