I can’t believe Halloween is 2 days away!! How is that possible?! It’s been kind of chilly here in LA which is a novelty this time of year and I am HERE FOR IT. This is the first year it’s truly felt like fall since I moved here.
As we get ready to cross one major holiday off our holiday countdown list, I thought these cute little peanut butter spider cookies were the perfect treat for this week. They are so easy and so stinking cute. Definitely gram worthy 😉 If you make them don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on social media so I can see! I’m so impressed with your creations!
Hope you love it and Happy Halloween!
Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar (and cinnamon for rolling)
- Mini peanut butter cups
- chocolate chips (for melting for the legs)
- candy eyes
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment or a hand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix until combined. Add vanilla and peanut butter on high until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Add to the wet ingredients while mixing on low. Cover the dough and chill in the freezer while you prep your spiders
- Unwrap about 15 peanut butter cups and melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Transfer melted chocolate into a plastic bag and cut the tip. Use the chocolate as glue to glue on the candy eyes to your peanut butter cups.
- Remove dough from freezer and form 1-2 inch balls. Roll in cinnamon sugar (sugar is fine as well but the cinnamon is a nice touch 🙂 Flatten them out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 for about 13 minutes until they are lightly golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once slightly cooled, add your peanut butter cup spiders to the center and use remaining melted chocolate to draw on 8 legs!