As a kid, Nutter Butters were the first snack I went for in the pantry. I’ve always been a HUGE peanut butter fan and something about this little cookie sandwich takes me back to all my favorite childhood memories.
Today I’m showing you how to make a healthier twist on this beloved recipe – only 6 ingredients!! ENJOY!
Healthier Nutter Butters
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey/agave)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbs maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in almond flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Roll dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten out with a wet fork making a grid pattern. (you can combine to rounds or do singles)
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool completely.
- Mix the filling ingredients together and spread on the back side of one cookie, using the another cookie to make a sandwich.
- Take a pic and post it on social media – tag me!! @nicole_thenomad