Who knew that cream cheese is one of the highest search terms during the holiday months?! Whether you’re whipping up a dip, folding it into your favorite casserole or using it in your favorite frosting, cream cheese is a staple in every household during the holidays. If you panic bought a few extra boxes because everyone else at the grocery store was and it looked like a good idea and now you don’t know what to do with them, fear not. Today I have 3 yummy recipes using cream cheese that will knock the socks off your dinner party guests. Let me know which one you try and which is your favorite! Happy cooking!
Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 6 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain excess liquid
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella and pepper.
Stir in artichokes and spinach.
Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake until melty – about 20 minutes.
Serve with pita bread, or crackers. Enjoy!
Creamy Chicken Corn Soup
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbs butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can (14.75 oz.) cream-style corn
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook onions and the red peppers in butter in large saucepan on medium heat 5 to 6 min. or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add cream cheese; cook on low heat 3 to 4 min. or until melted, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken, corn, broth and milk.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until soup is heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy!
Cream Cheese Frosting
This is the recipe I used for the carrot bread: https://bit.ly/2Ir6VRD
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- splash of vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese and vanilla until combined.
- Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency is reached. You can add a tiny bit of milk if you want it thinner and mow powdered sugar if you want it thicker. Spread on your favorite dessert or use it as a dip. Enjoy!