I remember as kid my neighbors always brought us Christmas cookies to our door, and since I moved into my home in Nashville, I wanted to spread some holiday cheer! Today I’m making 4 quick, and easy holiday treats that require minimal ingredients, and will make you feel like baking pro, without having to put all the hours in the kitchen. Let me know which recipe is your favorite! Let’s get baking!
Peppermint Bark Cookies
- Peppermint Cocoa Cookie Dough
- Peppermint bark squares
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place your cookie dough on a baking tray, and bake according to package.
- Once cookies are baked, put them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are cooling, prepare the chocolate ganache by combing the heavy cream and chocolate chips in a sauce pan on medium heat, stir connately until smooth.
- Once cookies are cooled, add your ganache to the top (I used a piping bag, but this is optional)
- Lastly, place your peppermint bark squares on top of the ganache. Enjoy!
- 3 cups semi- sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Line a 8×8 square baking pan with foil, and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add your chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a saucepan.
- Stir on medium-low heat for 7-8 min until the mixture is smooth, or till you get a frosting like consistency.
- After the fudge is smooth, pour fudge into the prepared pan and spread evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Refrigerate the fudge pan overnight or until completely firm.
- Once it’s firm, use a large, and sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Place them on a plate, and you’re ready to serve.
Cookie Truffle Cups
- 1 package of any kind of cookie dough
- 1 package of Lindor truffles (I used caramel)
- Mini muffin baking tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and fill the muffin tin with balls of cookie dough.
- Use your thumb to press cookie dough in to each tin making a well.
- Bake for 8-10 min.
- Once cookies are baked, cut your Lindor truffle in half, and place the truffle, dome side up on the cookie.
Chocolate Pretzel Melts
- 24 square pretzel snaps
- 24 red and green m&m’s (pick out the green and red ones for topping)
- 24 chocolate kisses (I used hugs)
- Place the pretzels on a baking tray and top with kisses or chocolate.
- Bake at 300 for about 1-2 min
- Top each chocolate with an m&m and lightly press it into the chocolate.