Yeah, you read the title right! If you combine anything with cookie dough and brownies, it’s an automatic win for me. These cookie dough brownies will make your mouth drool, and will be a hit at Christmas dinner!
This cookie dough brownie bars are easy to make, and the incredible smell will have your neighbors come knockin’ at your door. Grab all of your ingredients, and let’s get to baking! Ps. don’t forget to turn on some Christmas music while you’re baking with me!
Cookie Dough Brownies
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp espresso powder (or instant coffee – optional)
- 1.5 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp oil (canola or veggie)
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 – 5 Tbsp milk
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, oil, and 1/2 cup of the sugar. Heat over medium, stirring frequently, until butter is completely melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and remaining sugar. Whisk until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly, pour the butter mixture into the egg mixture, adding it gradually and whisking constantly until completely combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and, using a rubber spatula, slowly stir until just combined. Do not over mix! Over mixing will give you cakey brownies.
- Pour the batter into a 9×9 pan and bake for 30 minutes at 350°, or until the top is shiny and slightly cracked. Place pan on a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
- While the brownies are cooling, beat the butter and sugar together until well combined.
- Stir in the vanilla, salt, and flour. Mix until just combined.
- Add in some milk, just until the mixture reaches your desired spreadable consistency.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Once the brownies are fully cooled, spread the frosting over the top of the brownies and cut into squares.