Valentines day is just around the corner, and one of the best ways you can spend your special day is by cooking up a delicious and healthy meal for your significant other or gal pals! In this vlog, I make a chicken parmesan over cauliflower rice, with a yummy dressing that can go over vegetables, and lastly, a chocolate lava cake.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken over Citrus Cauliflower Rice
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan, finely grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 head cauliflower, riced (or 1 bag)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs vegetable stock
- 2 Tbs parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon (zest if you want to as well)
1. In a shallow dish, combine parmesan cheese, grated garlic, paprika, and Italian seasoning. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper; coat in the parmesan mixture; shake off excess and set aside.
2. In a large non-stick skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Cook chicken breasts until golden on each side and cooked through – about 3-4 minutes for each side, depending on the thickness of your chicken. Transfer to a plate.
1. In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Sautee garlic and onion for 1 minute until fragrant — being careful not to burn.
2. Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet and stir to coat in the melted butter. Cook, stirring regularly for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the 2 tablespoons vegetable stock, about half the parsley, and lemon zest (if using). Cook the cauliflower rice for one minute until the juices reduce then add the lemon juice. Sprinkle with a little more Parmesan cheese if you like.
4. Adjust seasoning as needed. Stir in the remaining parsley. Add chicken breasts back to the cauliflower rice and reheat quickly. Serve and enjoy!
Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove – minced
- salt and pepper – to taste
Combine all ingredients together in a mason jar. Seal the lid and shake up to mix. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks. Re-shake the jar before using again.
Pour over your favorite greens and add your favorite toppings! I kept it simple with feta cheese but you can add other veggies or whatever you like.
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into Tablespoons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- Spray four 6-oz ramekins with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave in 30-second increments or on a double broiler until melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Mix in eggs and egg yolks with a fork.
- Then mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into prepared ramekins, about 2/3 full.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 450 F for 8-10 minutes. (NO LONGER!) This will ensure the lava cakes have a gooey center.
- Carefully invert cakes onto a plate immediately. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. ENJOY
This is the perfect balanced, and healthy meal that will make your significant other feel so loved! I hope you guys have the best Valentines day! xx Nicole