Hello all you beautiful people. 🙂 Can you believe summer is almost over?!?! I’m in denial. I don’t know about you but I could do the sunshine all year round. Something about it, lights my soul on fire and makes me so happy.
Plus I usually always crave acai bowls when it’s hot outside and I’ve been having so much fun experimenting with different recipes! So many of you asked me on my Instagram how I made this one so I thought I would share it on here.
The bright blue color comes from Blue Spirulina Powder. It’s good for your immune system, skin and metabolism! (and it makes your smoothies and bowls really fun colors)
I hope you enjoy this super simple recipe!
- 1 frozen acai packet
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pre steamed cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen pre steamed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 Tbs blue spirulina powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional if you want the protein)
- splash of almond milk
Toppings (you can really do whatever you want here but here’s what I did):
- Love Grown Coconut Lime Granola
- coconut shreds
- scoop of Justin’s Honey Almond Butter
- scoop of Binnie’s Maple Coconut Butter
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until fully combined. Mixture will be very thick so be patient!
- Transfer smoothie to a bowl and then top with your favorite ingredients!
- Take a picture of your masterpiece, post it on Instagram and tag me in it so I can see!
Hope you all have an amazing day! I’m going to Peru with my dad tomorrow so I’ll be off the radar for a week! Can’t wait to share my pictures and stories with you! Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel and follow me on Instagram so you can be the first to see everything when I get back!
xx Nicole #DoStuff